Thursday, 1 March 2012

I could hide neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings

Its been a while since my last post and that doesn't mean that I have been slacking off or things have been going bad.

To be honest I have been trying to act as much as possible that I don't have a problem. Rather than treating things like train journeys, gigs and social phobia  as special challenges I am trying to make them seem as normal as I can. Part of the anxiety is the antici....pation which bubbles away beneath the surface. So if I have a gig or similar in the evening then I will be clock watching and getting more nervous. With a gig I had in reading last week I tried to avoid that. Wasn't easy as I had to keep an eye on the time as I was meeting someone before travelling but I used that as part of the attempt not to get wound up

As a result I was very relaxed and okay with everything - probably the most relaxed I have been at  a gig since I had flu, got dosed up on Pro Plus and went to see Starsailor at the Astoria. I was high as a kite and it was brilliant gig. Those two things may have been linked.

So thanks for your continued support I have a busy couple of weeks of anxiety hot spots coming up so will write more after those (setbacks permitting) . Life ain't rosy but its brighter than it has been for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment